Mission: Kaiser Permanente seeks to reduce the stigma associated with mental
illness by increasing the knowledge, skills and confidence of its workforce to
respond to someone developing a mental health problem or experiencing a crisis
You can be among the first in the KP family to have access to this important training.
Learn how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.*
- 8 hour evidence based training
- Identify and understand the signs of mental illness and substance use disorders
- Understand the prevalence of mental health disorders and the need for reduced stigma
- Promote the protective factors that can impact an individual's health and recovery
- Apply a 5-step action plan to assess the situation and help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate evidence-based treatment and supports
- Identify and access the professional and community resources available to support individuals
- CEs may be available - check with your regional contact person
Training funds will cover the following costs:
Training funds will NOT cover the following costs:
- Cost of training, textbooks/course materials, and/or
- Travel to and from the training
- Back-fill wages
Check back to this page in the future for details on classes available for your region/union
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.